SPOILER ALERT!

The Goblet

The Goblet - Sylvia Patzold I was interested in the book based on the summary, but wasn't sure if I would fully like it as it's Christian Fiction, I have only read the Chronicles of Narnia, of which I love, but I was happily surprised at how much I loved it. I couldn't put this book down, which has happened only three times in my life. I received the book through Goodreads First Reads, who could say no to a free book!, and I'm so glad I entered in for it. I will definitely be reading this book again and again for years to come.

Sylvia Patzoid is a great story teller and it flowed very well. The characters were very likable, or not if you look at Bill, which made it even better. The only downside was that it seemed to be so quick and left me wanting more, but I always feel that way when I finish a book that I like. As a reader I felt so attached to the characters in such a short amount of time, though I'd love more information on them. I want to know what happened to Larry and Sarah, as well as to Alex, Rebecca, and Stefani, even the sinister Bill.

The cliffhanger at the end makes me hope that there is more to come. I really like Sylvia's writing style and her ability to tell a story. I felt message of the book resonate through me, and it always made me feel good after reading it, especially with the prayer scenes. It gave me a sense of hope and happiness every time I set it down.